Smart City data hubs
- Smart Cities Information System (SCIS) brings together project developers, cities, institutions, industry and experts from across Europe to exchange data, experience and know-how and to collaborate on the creation of smart cities and an energy-efficient urban environment.
- EIP Market place is a central hub of information for all those active in smart cities projects across Europe.
Other Smart City and Community projects
The European Commission has funded a number of smart cities across Europe through the Horizon2020 funding programme. For more information on the funding call, click here.
- Triangulum is testing the use of a systems innovation approach to drive dynamic smart city development. The approach will be piloted in three lighthouse cities: Manchester, Eindhoven and Stavanger, before being replicated in the follower cities of Prague, Leipzig and Sabadell.
- REMOURBAN is developing and testing a sustainable urban development model that combines the energy, mobility and ICT sectors to improve efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the cities of Valladolid, Nottingham and Tepebasi.
- RUGGEDISED will demonstrate how to combine ICT, e-mobility and energy solutions to create sustainable urban spaces. The total consortium of 34 partners will work together for the next 5 years to implement the 32 smart solutions with the overall aim of creating smart communities.
- SmartEnCity's vision is to create Smart Zero Carbon Cities that are more sustainable and inclusive, improve citizens’ quality of life, create jobs and wealth, and offer equal growth opportunities.
- REPLICATE is a European research and development project that aims to deploy integrated energy, mobility and ICT solutions in city districts.
- SMARTER TOGETHER will prepare the ground for large-scale replication and ensure an in-depth knowledge transfer about setting up of smart city business models and user-centric innovation in order to contribute to positive societal dynamics.
- Sharing Cities programme is a proving ground for a better, common approach to making smart cities a reality. By fostering international collaboration between industry and cities, the project seeks to develop affordable, integrated, commercial-scale smart city solutions with a high market potential.
Other thematically related projects
- CITyFiED aims to develop a replicable, systemic and integrated strategy to adapt European cities and urban ecosystems into the smart city of the future, focusing on reducing the energy demand and GHG emissions and increasing the use of renewable energy sources by developing and implementing innovative technologies and methodologies for building renovation, smart grid and district heating networks and their interfaces with ICTs and Mobility.
- THERMOS is developing and publishing a state-of-the-art methodology for address-level energy system maps, to enable public authorities and other stakeholders to rapidly and cheaply upgrade, refurbish and expand existing heating and cooling systems.
- Eltis facilitates the exchange of information, knowledge and experiences in the field of urban mobility in Europe.
- EU-GUGLE aims to demonstrate the feasibility of nearly-zero energy building renovation models in 6 pilot cities in view of triggering large-scale, Europe-wide replication in smart cities and communities by 2020.
- The ZenN project will focus on the achievement of these objectives through the implementation and study of five Near Zero Energy Renovation demonstrations projects at neighborhood scale, located in several cities located in northern, central and southern Europe, as well as the development of a series of research, dissemination actions associated with these demonstrators.
- CELSIUS collaborates throughout the whole spectrum of planning, implementing and optimising new and existing smart infrastructure solutions for heating and cooling.
- The SINFONIA project is a five-year initiative to deploy large-scale, integrated and scalable energy solutions in mid-sized European cities.
- R2CITIE aims to develop and demonstrate an open and easily replicable strategy for designing, constructing, and managing large scale district renovation projects for achieving nearly zero energy cities.
- CityZen aism to develop and demonstrate energy efficient cities and to build a methodology and tools for cities, industries and citizens to reach the 20-20-20 targets.
- The Covenant of Mayors is the mainstream European movement involving local and regional authorities, voluntarily committing to increasing energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources on their territories.
- ERA-NET Smart Cities and Communities works with cities in Europe and China to encourage the development and sharing of best practice in order to achieve energy efficiency targets set for 2020 and 2050.
- SocialCar aims to develop a new communication network for intelligent mobility, sharing information of car-pooling integrated with existing transport and mobility systems.
- OrganiCity combines top-down planning and operations with flexible bottom-up initiatives to create a strong foundation for sustainable cities based on inclusive and open societies.
- CitySDK is an open source City Service Development Kit which is being created drawing on pilot activities in three cities in the fields of smart mobility, smart participation and smart tourism.
- CityKeys is developing and testing a performance measurement framework to monitor and compare the activities of cities involved in implementing Smart City solutions.
- Heat RoadMap Europe is mapping and modelling the heating and energy systems of the 14 largest EU users of heat, to develop new policies which ensure the uptake of efficient, sustainable and affordable heating and cooling solutions.